Moscow city has up to date and efficient transport services that include your transfer from the airport to the location of your accommodation. Tour services are equipped with the facilities of picking up and dropping tourists to all destinations including an airport. As the major tourist hub of the country, Moscow has availability of major modes of transport such as train, taxis, aero-express, metro and buses. Check these 5 facts you should be aware of regarding Moscow airport transfer are listed below.
1. As public means of transport requires one to have knowledge of the local language for ease of communication, many tourists prefers to consult tour services booking pick up a taxi in advance. This ensures their safe pick up and dropping up to one’s accommodation. Know about Moscow Airport Transfers facts in advance so that you choose the right service.
2. The major busy airports in Russia are Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo which have more than five terminals catering all needs of the passengers. Although both the airports are busy, there is sufficient assistance for passengers. At all the terminals, one can access the networks of all transport system to reach the main city.
3. It is important one should carry some cash in Moscow. Commonly tourists go cashless on their tours carrying cards. But Russia, being a new country, is only developing in terms of modern monetization; Moscow airport transfer may require using cash.
4. If you choose Metro rail network, take help from internet to track availability. Foreign tourists should not be traveling through metro all alone. The navigation system can be tricky for a new comer and there are chances to get lost. So take a metro for traveling only when you are secure enough. Additionally, metro instructions are all written in the Russian language. So a foreigner has to study the metro map to understand the navigation. But the best thing is there is an availability of metro routes on the internet.
5. Moscow tours offer airport pick up and dropping services by local licensed and professional drivers. Although there are various taxi agencies also, the ones taken from tours can drop directly at the airport from the tourist spot. These services include picking you from the spot and dropping at major terminals and helping with checking arrivals of the fight. There is complete assistance offered to track the flight timings and other details. For these bookings have to be done in advance to ensure availability.
There is more than one airport in Moscow city that is not interconnected by train services. So one has to rely on public transport or local taxis for locomotion. At all Moscow airports, you find a friendly and cooperative airports staff. One has to ensure all the documents are produced so as to complete the formalities without hassle. The airport has a different section for Russian immigrants and foreigners. Luggage will arrive safely and there is a separate section for baggage that is not picked up by the passengers.
Moscow, the largest city in Europe, has extensive avenues and large spaces between houses. With helpful people and easy transport, one can access all the major tourist attractions here.